Summer 2014 Beauty Essentials | The lipsticks

August 24, 2014

This summer is insanely hot and while I'm not getting any tanned, I might as well buy myself some bronzers and some more lipsticks to get on the right track. I like the fact that summer allows us to go a little crazy and wear some fancy colors on the lids&on the lips. If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen my everyday makeup and my favourite lipstick colors. The red ones, definitely! I always loved how the sun and the red lipstick looked on me, a thing I can't really say I do in the winters when my pale skin is just too...pale. These are my lipsticks essentials for the summer, I hope you'll see this as an inspiration and why not, show me your essentials.

Teeez 'Rebellious Red' is a bright red shade, very pigmented, creamy and quite longlasting. I would describe this as a daring red lipstick that really deserves it's name as 'rebellious'. Great quality, great shade.
Maybelline Color Whisper in 'Mad For Magenta' & 'Who Wore it Red-er' are one of my favourite lipsticks for this summer and I'm sure they'll be in the winter too. I spoke about them here
'Oh La Lilac' is my newest addition. I instantly fell in love with this shade, although I don't think that it really suits my skin tone. I usually combine this with 'Mad for Magenta' and the result is perfect.
Maybelline Color Sensational in 'Hollywood Red'. Ever since I discovered this shade I loved it. The formula is perfect, not too matte, not too shiny, creamy and longlasting! Yes, this lipstick really is longlasting and wears off nicely. My favourite one.
Catrice Ultimate Shine in '101 Shy Flamingo' is a rich lipstick, a combination between pink and coral, with medium pigmentation and some glitter.

What are your favourite lipsticks for the summer?



Find me on
Facebook || Twitter || Pinterest  || Tumblr || Instagram || Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

1 comments



  1. I have the same problem as you, not being able to wear red lipsticks during winter :)) I have this feeling that it makes my face look like a woman that aged too quick. But now that I'm a little tanned I can wear my favorite red lipstick (even tough I have only 4 in my collection, that I rarely wear) which is Dior's Prune Fantastique. The other ones I wear on a regular basis are Clinique- Creamy Nude and Clarins- (Jolie Rouge) Pink Blossom. I usually love nudes on my lips or just a chapstick ^_^ Pupici :*


    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Carmen Bota. Powered by Blogger.